-->
no
no

Getting Started on Refashioning

1 comment
So you want to refashion your clothes but don't know where to start.

Photo credits: benedeki and sykicktb


Why not take a look at your wardrobe? Are there items in there that have not been worn for a long time? One way to find out is to put the clothes that have been just cleaned and folded (or ironed) to one section of your wardrobe. After a short while you'll find that there will be quite a few items that remain untouched. These are your "I will never wear them again" clothes! You can donate to them your thrift store, or you could use them in your refashioning projects. The thrift store I visit is the MINDS Shop.


Can't bear to cut up your clothes? Why not start by looking at the local thrift store? Look for great patterns and fabrics you can work with. I stay away from materials that are difficult to work with, things like silk, taffeta and anything that is thin. I also look for clothing that is bigger than my size so that I can refashion it down.

You could hold a clothes swopping party with your friends. Set some rules (like not to bring grotty items!), go through your wardrobe and meet up to swop. Share ideas on what to make out of them too.


Head down to your local fabric store and check with the owner about any off-cuts for sale, fabric that wasn't printed correctly, faded or even torn. They can all be used in our projects, plus they are cheaper!  The print of the fabric in the above photo didn't come out right but it still looks beautiful to me, and I've started to make something with it (look out for what's coming!).

Next week I'll be posting on what are the things you need to refashion your clothes! Stay tuned.






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

1 comment

  1. Great ideas Agy, I also go to home furnishing shops and buy fabric sample packs. These cost just a few dollars and have a large amount of beautiful fabrics that I use in my projects.

    ReplyDelete

no
no