-->
no
no

New2U Thrift Store

1 comment
banner-new2u 2


Whenever I go thrifting I always go to the MINDS Thrift Store near my home, but last Thursday, I decided to go to New2U Thrift Shop at Waterloo Street, Bras Brasah. It is located inside the premises of Singapore Council of Women's Organisations (SCWO).

The store is slightly smaller than the MINDS store I frequent, but the choice and range of preloved goods is bigger! Compared with the Salvation Army thrift stores, New2U is very affordable, and prices really do start from SGD1!!  The store is manned by volunteers and proceeds go to SCWO's initiatives.



It was bustling when I reached the place. I love how they have specials every day, and on Thursdays they have the shoes special.  The volunteers had boxes of old shoes but I couldn't find anything to fit my huge feet!


The clothes were neatly arranged into women's, men's and children, and then further arranged into the different types of garments. 


There was also a whole section specifically for books!
I found this lovely knitted bag going for SGD4 (~USD3) which I was tempted to get but didn't as I thought it was too wintery for Singapore's weather!


I ended up buying a long sleeved jersey dress for my trip back home to Hong Kong (it's now 13C there), a light cotton top and a bag. Everything came to SGD14 (about USD13)!





The closest station to New2U is Bras Brasah (Circle Line) and is just a 5 minute walk. Look for Fortune Centre as the guiding landmark.

Opening hours: Mon - Fri, 1030am - 230pm.


Daily  Promotions
T-shirt Monday!
Tuesday is Student ½ price day!
Skirt/Men's trousers Wednesday!
Shoes Thursday!
Surprises Friday!

Last two working days of the month are half-price days! Woo hoo!

Update: here I am in my thrifted top bought from New2U.

Photo: Found some good buys at New2U Thrift Shop, including this long sleeved top!

http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/12/new2u-thrift-store.html

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

1 comment

  1. Its just great that this thrifty and recycling way of living is found far and wide now.
    It's a more responsible way of using our commodities, less wastefull all round.
    There used to be a stigma here in Uk to wearing what was then called other peoples 'cast offs' .
    I guess if you were the fifth, sixth or seventh child and you got to wear all the clothes from first child, as it passed down the line lol then some stigma may have been justifyably attached mind you!
    But today so many buy clothes to fit the fashion, then wear them for so short a time before casting them aside it is criminal that alot went to rag merchants.
    I have always bought from second hand shops but have been choosy from which ones in the past, now almost all smell pleasant and now rarely of sweaty unwashed clothes!!
    I'm a sucker for the sales they have, especially when there are cotton dresses, be they childrens or adults, for often as little 50p or a £1, providing lovely bright patchwork fabrics!
    Love the way your promoting re-use and inspiring generations to come!

    ReplyDelete

no
no