-->
no
no

Let Me Sew!

6 comments
This is my first upcycle of the year (well, posted to the blog, anyway, because there will be two surprises! Stay tuned....). 

upcycle dress



This refashion involved cutting off the top, hemming the cut edges, folding over the hemmed edges and sewing it to create a 1" tube, inserting an elastic band into the tube, and voila! You are done within an hour (or less if you are a sewing whizz!). 




So you must be wondering why i called this post "Let Me Sew". Well, I had the song "Let it Go" in my head when I was sewing this, but the "go" became "sew", while "it" became "me" and the lyrics went like this:


"Let me sew, let me sew, let the needle goooo,
Let me sew, let me sew, let the fabric flooooowww,
Here I am with my chalk in hand,
Ready to make a mark.....
A jammed machine never bothered me anyway."

Is that too corny? But it's how you feel when you are in the flow of things, right ?  This is me and how I felt after the making! Have you ever felt this good, especially after having made something? :-)






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. Great work Agy! Fun photo :) Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny, Agy! This made me laugh because I make up songs while I do things, too! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Agy!!
    I absolutely adore your spirit :) and I do understand, as I feel the same with baking
    Awesome photo btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt - I love your new lyrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty and I love that action shot of you! What a beautiful skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt is so cute! I wish I could sew!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete

no
no