-->
no
no

Fix It Friday - The Extra Hole In Your Trainers

6 comments
Fix It Friday -  The Extra Hole In Your Trainers
How do you wear your trainers?
Do you lace them all the way to the top?
Or do you leave that last hole unlaced?

fixing trainers

I have no issue with my trainers. After 4 years, the soles and outers are still in very good condition (I wear them once a week).  However, I have holes at the inner heel of each foot. I showed my husband and he replied, "That's what happens when you don't lace all the holes".

Oh really? Yes, really!

I never took the last holes seriously at all.

What are the holes for?
Well the extra shoe-lace hole is there to stop our feet from sliding out of the shoes and, more importantly, stop your heels getting blisters. Since I haven't been using that extra hole, my feet have been rubbing against the heels of the trainers and now they have holes. Tying them up will mean you can't be lazy and just slip your feet on and into your trainers. Besides, you don't want to ruin your trainers right?

[Note to self - must get the kids to use the last lace hole so that they don't slip their trainers on and off, and end up ruining them!]

fixing trainers

I'm going to fix it
So to stop the holes getting bigger, my top hole will be laced up, and I have now added a bit of felt to the inner heels. I just used white craft glue and stuck a piece of scrap denim that was slightly bigger than the hole.

I'm good to go! Hopefully these trainers will last me a little longer.

Do you have any tips on how to make your trainers last a bit longer?


fixing trainers

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. This is unbelievable! I was just about to throw one of my sneakers out when I stumbled across this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn something new everyday! Thanks for sharing on debbieinshape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make mine last a long time by not wearing them very often . . . but that's probably not the best way to do it! I did not know that about the top hole. Will keep it in mind when I get a new (much-needed!) pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I hate getting ride of my favorite pairs of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tip. It's so simple, but I never thought about it.
    But I must say that I generally wear off the soles first, so I end up needing to get new trainers anyways.
    Thanks for sharing it, Agatha!

    ReplyDelete

no
no