-->
no
no

Creative Stamina

3 comments
Creative Stamina
creative stamina

Have you ever had a mental block when you create something, or maybe sometimes you stop making altogether and have a fear of starting a project again?

I've had moments like that all the time, and even more so last year. So when I read about "creative stamina" on TextileArtist.org, I thought that is what I needed to develop, regardless mental block or not. 

What is Creative Stamina?
Joe and Sam Pitcher do a good job explaining what creative stamina is on their video
I never thought of stamina being associated with creativity, but it all came together when I heard 
my hubby talking to my kid about stamina in football playing. 
Of course! 
Stamina is "the power to endure" 
By increasing your creative stamina, you enhance your ability to bounce back from mental blocks, inhibit your fears, and get on the making wagon.
Stamina is not just associated with physical activity, you know! 
Increasing My Creative Stamina
If you want to improve, you have to keep making; you have to go to your studio on a regular basis and at optimal a frequency as your schedule allows it. 
Plan ahead - I find that when I've finished a project, I need to do a little reflection and determine what when wrong and what needs improving. Then I make it again!
As artists / designers, we really need to be organised and find the time to make - no excuses, sorry!

Here are my latest creations - I've been back into my "creating area" (I don't have a studio yet) and making more things! 


sakiori

sakiori


Are you increasing your creative stamina?
Do you have any tips to share?

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

3 comments

  1. LOVE this little zipper pouch! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project!! I absolutely love your bag, the felt flowers are perfect on it!
    Wishing you a year full of creativity and fun projects!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

no
no