-->
no
no

Fix It Friday - Mending Hubby's Jeans

6 comments
Fix It Friday - Mending Hubby's Jeans

Same pair of jeans
We had decided to spend Christmas and New Year at our folks. It wasn't a last minute decision, but packing for the trip definitely was. Surprisingly, my 11 year old was the most organised and managed to choose, fold and pack all his clothes into a bag!  Me, on the other hand, I left it until the day before and because of that I forgot to pack an extra pair of trousers for my husband.  This mean he was wearing the same pair of jeans for the entire stay - entire meaning 10 days.

No, they didn't smell
I'm glad the weather was kind to him - 10 days wearing the same pair of jeans meant no laundering. No, they didn't smell. In fact, Levi's CEO doesn't wash his jeans for the entire year.

They wore down
The strange thing was that because my hubby was wearing them every day, certain areas wore down, the pocket areas (front and back) and the hems. There were so many places that needed fixing!

How long is the mend going to take?
I spent a good day mending the jeans.
I even took it to a cafe and spent a few hours there mending - they didn't mind.



The jeans ended up like this. Lots of visible mending with embroidery thread, an embroidery needle and sewing machine.

I was going for the boro sashiko look.


I had difficulty with the hem - any ideas on how I can improve on that?


I really enjoyed patching up the worn out areas with sashiko and darning, although I think I should have gone for the same colour. What do you think?

Want to learn the technique? Here are my tutorials or watch the video. Click below!



visible mending

sashiko jeans repair
author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

6 comments

  1. I love how that looks. I already love embroidery so I'm sure it can be very pretty if someone is willing to take the time to make it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the look. Thanks for linking to the #CCBG link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I featured you as one of my favorites at the #CCBG link party! http://www.ourdailycraft.com/2016/02/25/creatively-craft-link-party-3/ Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artistic, Agy! I like your rebranding too, looks wonderful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

no
no