-->
no
no

Managing My Time

3 comments
Managing My Time
"Agatha, why are you so busy?"
"Don't you get tired?"
I've been asked these questions for the past few weeks, and probably because I find that I have to miraculously replicate myself so that I can go to different meetings and meet people who share the same passion as I do. 
But, to answer the questions, I'm busy because I believe we still have a long way to go in getting people to put their environmental awareness into actions; I want to do something about it! I also have a family so they are also my priority. I try to juggle between these two, and when it gets very busy, family comes first. 
Do I get tired? Yes, I do. I think over did it in the first half of last year and got exhausted. However, I think it's because I was a one-woman show, and I came to realise that to make change you need a COMMUNITY, and you need to COLLABORATE. I also realised I needed to LET GO of some things I was doing. You just can't do everything and you need to delegate it to someone, or even collaborate with someone who will do it for you. If you don't, you'll be too tired, and you'll have no energy for other things in your life.  So when we wanted to do a campaign for Fashion Revolution Day Singapore, there was no way I could create a video and photo shoot in under one month! Get the professionals, and they produced this!


But sometimes you do have to say "no" to certain things no matter how enticing it is - you don't want to overstretch yourself, and if you don't have the time to contribute in a meaningful way, say "no". Don't Never be the silent partner in a collaboration! 
I'm very happy I am working with great people; it makes the things I do all the more enjoyable and, at times, less stressful. Does it look like that here? :)

Fashion Revolution Singapore




author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

3 comments

  1. This is great advice... it's hard for me to say no but I know I need to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time management is hard for so many people. Great advice! Particularly, the part about getting other people involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good advice. I have always struggled with allowing others to do things for me, I feel like I need to do it all myself.

    ReplyDelete

no
no