-->
no
no

Don't Try to Focus Your Creativity

2 comments
Don't Try to Focus Your Creativity

"Don't try to focus your creativity. Let it drift and explore!"

I was sharing with a friend how frustrating it was for me to concentrate on one technique, and it has been like this since....forever.  It can be very intimidating and even more so when you are trying to find your way - it might take a few months, a few years, or even a lifetime, but I always have to remind myself that it is part of the journey and enjoying the process is the most important part of it.

Because of my interest in textiles and how much love that goes into them, I made the decision to explore weaving but somehow I drifted into colour as well. So, weaving is on hold now and weaving is sitting on a table in my room. Somehow I can't sit still!

I had chanced upon Dionne Swift's on-line silkscreen workshop and had always wanted to take one, so I signed up! Many of you might be thinking why wouldn't I take one closer to home. Unfortunately, the workshops I found in Singapore did not go into the process of creating your own mix of dyes, and this was something that I wanted to have control over rather than buying pre-made ones.  It was an intense 2 weeks but because it was on-line I got to decide when I would take the lessons.

I'm pretty happy with what I've made so far and ideas have been buzzing in mind as to how I can take it further with my old clothes. It does make me appreciate how much effort goes into handmade prints and designs.  So when my friend said that I should drift and explore, I think she's right. I need to find out what I'm happy with and only by exploring can I do that.

silkscreen printing

silkscreen printing

silkscreen printing

silkscreen printing

silkscreen printing



author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

2 comments

  1. I am so full of ideas for creating different dress patterns that I never focus enough to get one done so there is a downside to it. I create a pattern and want to get multiple sizes made and perfect it, but then I am off onto another idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creativity here! Thanks so much for sharing it with the world.

    ReplyDelete

no
no