-->
no
no

Mending Again - Embroidered Flower Patches

No comments
Mending Again - Embroidered Flower Patches
Repairing with Free Motion Embroidery

Sometimes garments will need a second mend.

I was wondering if I would ever get tired of my black jacket, but no, I haven't. It's one of my favourites because (if you have heard me talk about it), it's the one where I burnt it on the collar. It was one of those moments when the fabric gets damaged from an iron that's too hot. I had originally added flowers from a scarf and appliqued them onto the jacket. Now the patches are starting to fray.

I decided to keep the patches but overlay them with free motion embroidery.
Initially, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to do a satin stitch or a straight stitch. It became and experiment, trial and error on scraps first and then finally trying out both on the jacket. Problems did arise with the tension and so you can see that sometimes the bottom thread shows up at the top. Tension is my number one enemy! Well, free motion embroidery requires a lot of patience, so never do it if you are in a rush or feeling annoyed. Once you get the tension right and you have practiced on a piece of scrap, the stitching is a breeze.

Repairing with Free Motion Embroidery

Repairing with Free Motion Embroidery
Repair Using Free Motion Embroidery
Repairing with Free Motion Embroidery

author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

no
no